Sunday, March 4, 2012

~ Dear Galileo & Miss Sunny Sun ~



When my ideas of Spiritual Unity seem squashed by the modern world, I think of Dear Galileo. When he was speaking the truth he was condemned. The church says the son, Jesus, is the center of a persons salvation, but when science said the Sun, was the center of the solar system, they could not or did not want to accept how the microcosm & the macrocosm are reflections of one another, are both heliocentric, & are in fact complimentary. They only perceived competition. It took 350 years for Galileo's truth to be 'officially accepted'. Only in 1992 was this wrong formally rectified.

I find it hard to subscribe to competition rather than collaboration. I see the corruptness in business, war, politics & especially religion. When I reveal my inner truths about these matters many times I feel condemned & marked as the fool. For a moment I feel like I am less than. I can't seem to see the purpose of all the ways we step on one another to get to the top, or be in control. When I refuse to play this game I find myself "outcast".

Then I think of Galileo and how under threat of torture he was forced to recant-his-truth. He was (punished) for using his intelligence, for not believing what others expected him to believe.

I remember that so much of our human experience is in fact illusion, and sometimes the illusion is a collective one and very powerful. They can make people kill & torture one another. People can become so engrossed in feeling superior to one another that they will become willing participants in mass genocide. Think of how often this has happened! ~Gasp~

So I must realize that when the world is busy besting one another, showing each other up, scrambling to gain as much wealth, power, & control as possible, that maybe I have something to feel good about & I am in No-Way inferior. That maybe I am not the fool, but that they are not ready to accept that Love, not money, is what makes the world go around. That what is truly real is the Sacred-Iinterconnectedness-of-All-Life. That what we need to attain is a Spiritual Democracy that is built upon the principles of: equality, freedom, accountability, responsibility, integrity, compassion, forgiveness, reciprocity, reverence and service.

That we must have a willingness to look inward.

Is is not about comparing ourselves to others, but more about how much we share with others. How much we nurture, accept & look out for one another as sisters & brothers. There is more than enough to go around, & if we focus our minds on Love & begin to think with our hearts, then all our needs will be met. If we count our blessings instead of our losses we will see the abundance we have been given and always feel grateful, or full of greatness. We will understand the innate equality in all things and know that nothing is greater than or less than.

We wont be inclined to find differences & faults, but commonality.

I was raised to believe that humility is strength, & kindness is not weakness. That maturity means to be able to fairly see the other person's point of view and even to research it before rejecting, condemning, or criticizing it. To be responsible for seeking your own truth as an individual rather than joining with whatever majority might appear to be too strong to go up against. And to promptly Admit When You Are Wrong and willingly surrender your pride.


No comments:

Post a Comment