Tuesday, February 21, 2012

~ I'm Your Huckleberry ~



If you like a tell it like it is kinda gal... I'm You're Huckleberry!

In one brief paragraph written by Mark Twain, I can give a reader deep insight as to precisely why I am no longer in co-hoots with the Bible, or it's clan of followers. Yes I was once a Bible-Beater! Believe that! Thank God I was saved from that absurdity! Thank God my innate reason over-rode the programming!

If you don't understand why I left the Bible & the Christian Church after reading this paragraph, rest assured, you surely never will. Simple as that.



"In my schoolboy days I had no aversion to slavery. i was not aware that there was anything wrong about it. The local papers said nothing against it; the local pulpits taught us that God approved it, that it was a holy thing, & that the doubter need only look in the Bible if he wished to settle his mind - & then the texts were read aloud to us to make the matter sure; if the slaves themselves had an aversion to slavery, they were wise & said nothing. "



Another revealing quote by Mr. Twain, if I may...

"I think we never become Really & Genuinely our Entire & Honest Selves until we are Dead - and not then until we have been dead years & years. People ought-to-start-dead & then they would be honest so much earlier!!"

and finally, my favorite, as I also resonate with it:

"Ah Well, I am a great & sublime fool. But then I am God's fool & all God's works must be contemplated with great respect."

From the Musical "Godspell"


Sunny-in-the-NY-Shelter-Bunny -- over & out. I'm sure you will be hearing it from me at least everyday though =D

No comments:

Post a Comment