Wednesday, February 22, 2012

~ A Collection of Joyful Sorrow & Sorrowful Joy ~




(A poem I wrote for my Favorite Poet & Beloved Teacher Hafiz)


Forever A Becoming...

This Life Consuming Life

Pushing Continually Forward

Beyond The Pain

Into The Mystic Bliss

Of The Dance

Humbly passing thru the monstrosity of finite existence

Into Infinite Delight


and now some thoughts:

Am I up to my own destiny?
Thru all this Sorrow & Joy?
Can I will myself into Light
Knowing I must come to it through - horrifying pain?
It must have been that I chose to Be.. Here.. Now
In this body - In this time - With this mind
I must not lose my nerve
I must push on thru
play my own game all the way
My Life is my Art
neither winning nor losing, gain nor loss can influence my right
To Live My Art
for that is what is...
Ultimate Revelation




Great words of Wisdom...
'The Fates lead him who will
Him who wont.... they drag!'
~Let me then choose to be led~

I have learned in life you do not necessarily get what you give - you get... what you live! One can give nothing but sincerity & kindness, compassion & consideration however there will still be those who long only to condemn & criticize, to belittle & patronize. They will mock & scorn & make one cry! Why?? Because Life...Is...Suffering. This is the monstrous nature of the human beast. This is just how it is, and it cannot & will not be changed. Society will not be corrected. One must learn to live in it. To navigate the heavens & hells and bow in Reverence Regardless. To Humbly pass thru this initiation into Sanctuary.
For Indeed... we all need... eventually -- To Rest In Peace.

Oh to abandon this absurd Human City
& go deep into the Cathedrals of the Wilderness
and rest there...
In-Harmony-With-Nature
~~~~
I do believe this is the CURE
for nearly everything that ails the Human Spirit
Especially mine!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Speak to us of Joy and Sorrow.”

And he answered:

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.

And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.

And how else can it be?

The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain.

Is not the cup that hold your wine the very cup that was burned in the potter’s oven?

And is not the lute that soothes your spirit, the very wood that was hollowed with knives?

When you are joyous, look deep into your heart & you shall find it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy.

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, & you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.” --The Prophet--



"The Sleep of Sorrow & The Dream of Joy' By Raffaelle Monti, London, 1862

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete